First, the hearth light is lit and my hands are washed with salt.
Next, I set out offerings of jasmine incense, light, gin and cucumber and creamy ice cream.
Next I prepare a bath with crystals, dried herbs, sea shells, rock sea salt and dried flowers.
Next I bathe the planetary Moon ritual cords I spun. They’re made with soft angora and twinkly firestar and other delights.
Moon planetary ritual cords can be used for work with Moon deities, to tap into your feminine power, enhance your magic, intuition and dreams.
This lunar ritual cord was made from triple carded super soft undyed Merino with luxurious undyed moonshine grey angora, gorgeous undyed cashmere, decadent tussah silk, pillowy mohair, moonglow twinkly light blue firestar and glittery silver glitz. Each cord was plied with a soft silver vicose thread and glittering seafoam blue Japanese glass seed beads.
Because this is a ritual cord that is intended to be used as part of your practice, it was handspun by me in a trance state, focusing on spinning lunar energy into the ritual cord. If you are not familiar with handspinning, it takes hours and hours to make a single skein of yarn.
I set each skein of yarn in a bath with stones, crystals, dried flowers and herbs on the full moon. The herbs used in the bath were all carefully chosen because of their lunar alignment.
* Wear it as a lovely eternity scarf, bracelet or in your hair
* Use it in knot spell work
* Use it to adorn your lunar deity statues
* Wear it when you need a little extra “oomph” for an occasion
* Wrap it around your lunar ritual candle to give it extra power
* Use it to tie a lunar mojo bag closed
* Use it as part of a handfasting
* Sleep with it under your pillow to better soak in the lunar energy
* Use it to demarcate your ritual circle space
* Knit it or crochet it into something that is spiritually meaningful to you