I keep hesitating about writing this post for some reason, maybe because this is what makes it real for me more than anything. It’s been an . . .interesting new year so far. Many couples have decided to break up, some really unexpectedly. It’s a pile of relationship corpses, which makes Jow nervous, since almost all of them were hetero and initiated by the woman in the relationship. Everything is good with us, but I’m not going to complain about the extra attention.
I have decided to accept a new position as an administrative professional for a few reasons:
* I’ve known the people in this particular firm for about half my life
* It would be less hours, except for tax season
* Tax season happens during the slow craft season
* Healthcare insurance is important as is a 401K
* It will be less hours (except during tax season) with two extra hours of free time a day for me
* Two weeks paid vacation plus all tax season overtime becomes comp time
* It will be easier on my body
* I won’t have to dress in “corporate drag” now that I’ve figured out my own sense of style as it is workplace appropriate. I can keep my nose piercing.
* I can finally really travel again. Jow and I booked a trip to Cancun already.
* I will have more time to write and more time to craft and attend shows
* If you do magic for a solid year asking to be Joan Holloway, don’t be surprised when you are made into Joan Holloway.